Friday 17 October 2014

Going Full Arcade with Time Crisis 3

Arcade version Time Crisis 3. 


YES! What a game, you have a gun and a pedal and that's it. 

What a great game. You can play solo or two player coop . The graphics on TC3 are outdated now but it's still a very entertaining game. It was developed by Nex Entertainment, published by Namco, and released in arcade form in 2003. The graphics remind me of old Resident Evil 4.

I only bring it up because I was at an arcade a few days ago and I played it with my girl friend. She died twice but I almost made it through 3 acts without dying. I used to play it all the time with my dad and I guess I still have my edge. And since I felt nostalgic I decided to write a review for you.

Time Crisis is a two person shooter where you fight side by side. One of the coolest features, aside from actually holding the gun and aiming, is the kick of the gun as you fire at the screen. When playing you fight your way through many different surroundings and scenarios. You don't, however, control your movement. After killing the 5 to 10 guys in one small view, the camera goes to a quick (skippable) cut-scene  or movement sequence and then you are able to continue fighting in a new spot. 

In TC3 there are four guns: your pistol, machine gun, shotgun, and grenade launcher. Each has unique ammo (your pistol is unlimited) that you collect by killing certain types of enemies. ->

To switch guns you press the pedal down, causing your character to duck and be safe from all forms of enemy attacks. Then by clicking the trigger you can scroll through the four gun types. By ducking you also automatically reload with no wait involved.

I don't know how great the console games are but I'd certainly recommend it if you're ever in an arcade. You certainly get into it and may start ducking as rockets or bullets fly overhead. The point system further boosts a player competitive nature and when playing coop you can see who got the higher points and who died the fewest times.

Save the grenade launcher ammo for the boss. 

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment