Sunday 5 October 2014

My Video Game Fix It List

... Where I get to nitpick at the little glitches in games.

Far Cry 3
               I guarantee that some of you will be shocked by this and I'm disappointed it made this list but the save game feature failed to work on two separate occasions. I would save my game and it would bring me back to almost the beginning of the game. I thought it was because I had just been exploring the fantastically detailed world and collecting pelts and materials for upgrades so I played the main mission and it did the same thing. Great game with a poor save function (Far Cry you need Skyrim's save game layout! In fact every game does.) ... Maybe it was a glitch with my 360, definitely a sweet game but beware the saving.
Also you can kill sharks with a jet ski!

Sniper Elite V2
               Great game. I had a ton of fun watching kills in x-ray vision. I popped both a guy's kidneys in one shot once and it was fantastic! It's a game to play with friends and compete to see who can get the most creative kill in the campaign. Just a lot of fun.
                The problem I had with it was the movement and fighting when you weren't aiming down your scope or you were trying to fight in close quarters. It was difficult to aim. Not a smooth fluid motion like in Call of Duty. 
                Definitely a great game and worth the time and money. I hear V3 is even better and I can't wait to play it.
              
Skyrim 
             The holy grail of Elder Scrolls games and close to that of all time. Make it easier to climb mountains. Glitch jumping on Shadowmere to get to the tippy top of a mountain loses its appeal quite quickly. 


                         Left 4 Dead 2 
                      Another fun game. Gorey and grisly, scary at the witch parts and just all around violent. Dual wielding pistols while spinning around and hitting the trigger as fast as you possibly can while firing at a horde of zombies as they surround you has never been so fun. I really like the one to two shot kills. There are so many zombies to kill you don't even realize it! The thing I would add is the ability to look down your sights with more than the sniper rifles and when dual wielding pistols use both triggers to fire rather than just the right to shoot and to push zombies with the left.

Assassin's Creed 3 
                             Get a better voice actor for Connor, his emotionlessness rivals that of Anakin. Also thank you for having better combat programming for Black Flag. The change n combat flow, attacks, and movement from AC Revelations to AC III was quite noticeable and i found it was disruptive and difficult to manage. I found myself running away from even the smallest fights. If you're a Assassin's Creed fan like I am you'll notice the change. If you're not I'd suggest picking up Black Flag and try your luck as an assassin-pirate hybrid. Loads of fun and you'll know the words to all the sea shanties by the end of the game.

All great games that need a little tweaking ... in my personal opinion it doesn't make or break any of the games.

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment